Natura Life Science | Senior Copywriter
This job post has expired
At Natura Life+Science, we believe that cannabis is a gift from nature perfectly designed to enhance our lives. Our mission is to deliver that gift to you by utilizing our incredible team, pharmaceutical-grade facilities, processes, and the best technology available.
Service is the key to significance. We lead by serving others. We encourage and invest in our team’s growth and education. We understand that our team is what differentiates us from everyone else. Our workplace is a safe, open place where exceptional people can share their talents, dreams and ideas.
We are building an in-house team to rival the A team at any agency. And, we’re going to have a lot of fun doing it. This is an opportunity to own and build a discipline within the marketing team from the ground up. Work on modern lifestyle, wellness, and medicinal brands that will be loved by consumers. This team will operate on the same level as external agencies, start with a blank page, build brands, and see them through their launches, and evolutions.
Sacramento is a magical place in middle of everywhere your mood might want to take you: SF, Sonoma, Napa, Tahoe, Yosemite, Carmel, Sequoia, Redwoods, etc. It’s all within a short drive from SacTown. This “City of Trees” is home to 14 world-class farmer’s markets, rivers, lakes, trails, parks, and farm-to-fork restaurants. What does all of this mean? Access to the outdoors, rafting, biking, hiking, skiing, boating, backpacking, wine country, fresh food, and a way more manageable lifestyle, all at a sizable lower cost of living index than most larger cities on the entire west coast.
The Senior Copywriter is a seasoned storyteller who loves to collaborate with other creatives and marketers to bring a brand’s voice to life. Seizing communication challenges to derive imaginative solutions that are on strategy and compelling to your audience is what you do. You have a knack for seeing things from a consumer’s perspective, can walk a mile in their shoes, and while you know the ins and outs of all things copy (banner ads, crm, interactive scripts, body copy, packaging descriptors, social media posts, etc.) your experience in understanding how to entice an audience and sell product is legendary.
• Collaborate in concept development with marketing team and agency partners.
• Assist designers, art directors, and creative directors to bring concepts to life.
• Work closely with art directors and designers to ensure copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and style of brand guidelines.
• Participate in strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development, and creative execution.
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Interact with marketing team to understand business objectives, consumer profiles, and key measures for success.
• Translate creative direction and copy points from creative briefs into engaging and effective copy concepts.
• Maintain high standards of copywriting and exercise quality control.
• Be able to collaborate with CMO and translate constructive feedback into effective copy.
• A portfolio showing relevant work samples that includes a variety of the following: Long and short form brand and content writing samples; emails; online marketing; writing for websites, landing pages, blogs, and social media; e-commerce product copy; writing for UI, customer service, and SEO. Please provide a link to your website, or a PDF
• Ability to successfully organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
• A passion for problem-solving and creatively writing your way into solutions.
• Experience with brainstorming, concept development, and creative execution.
• Skilled at effectively communicating ideas and solutions to team members
Experience and Capabilities
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Portfolio School, or related field preferred
• 5-7+ years' experience as a copywriter in an agency or client in-house environment—including experience with interactive media and direct marketing.
• OTC, health and wellness, Pharmaceutical experience a plus.
• Solid naming/identity experience.
• Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to write in a range of voices and styles for varied projects with diverse audiences.
• Proven aptitude for quick, creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines.
• A keen enthusiasm for and demonstrable understanding of Web trends and technologies.
• A strong understanding of marketing and advertising principles.
• Paid Health Benefits – Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage. Natura pays 100% of your healthcare premiums and partial for your family and offers a variety of choices and plans! We also offer life insurance to all employees, in addition to long-term and short-term disability coverage.
• Paid Time Off – Flexible and generous vacation policy with many company holidays.
• Great Company Culture – We are a fun and close team. Family oriented environment. Casual, comfortable attire. Not only is it okay to be unique in the way you do things, we encourage it!
• Opportunity for Growth – Success is a team effort and we strive to be the best we can be by encouraging employees to develop professionally by learning new tasks and working across teams.
• Setting Industry Standards – Our vertically integrated business model enables us to bring products to the emerging California marketplace in the most efficient manner and is designed to be compliant with GMP standards and will produce the highest level of safe and comprehensive products in the industry while creating a work environment that supports people of all backgrounds.
• Doing it Right – Everything we do here is built upon integrity, respect, teamwork, professionalism, and always knowing and doing what's right.