Apostrophe, Inc. | Copywriter – PT/Contract
Apostrophe Intelligent Health Benefits is looking for a freelance, part-time copywriter to start as early as this week! The right person will be able to make a quick study of our business model and brand, and jump into helping us create customer-facing collateral.
Hours will start at about 20/week and may fluctuate weekly. You’ll report to our sassy and stylish Head of Marketing Communications, who definitely did not write this ad.
Just seeing if you're paying attention. We're a rapidly growing startup with a lot of heart and grit to match. We move quickly and we're fun to work with -- and hope you are, too. Note there is no "find the typo in this post" test in this job ad. (Or is there?) (There isn't.)
Work is remote, with occasional onsite meetings at our RiNo office if/when needed.
Who You Are
- Excellent writer: clear, concise and compelling
- Good communicator: on top of internal communications and project management tools
- Eagle-eyed editor: pay attention to detail & have excellent proofing skills
- Resolute researcher: willing to do the work to understand our brand and model
- Ready and willing: available for the time we need for at least the next 2-3 months
What You’ll Do
- Use our brand materials to quickly pick up our voice and adjust tone by audience and channel
- Create new customer-facing collateral and adjust language in current collateral for onboarding communications
- Support a cross-departmental clean-up of existing collateral facing multiple audience types to align messaging with our brand voice
- Have regular check-ins regarding project load, progress, upcoming availability, etc.
- Use the usual platforms for regular communications, including Google Drive & Dropbox for content management, Slack for day-to-day communications and Asana for project management
There's potential down the road for additional copywriting needs to support marketing/sales: drip campaigns, landing pages, light web copy, blog posts, etc.
What You’ll Need
- A resume demonstrating relevant experience
- A portfolio showing at least 3-4 samples of your best work
- 3-5 years of copywriting experience
- Healthcare/health insurance industry knowledge is a bonus
Who We Are
Apostrophe Intelligent Health Benefits replace your current administrator and legacy provider network to deliver better benefits for less money to self-insured employers. Apostrophe is driven by simplicity, transparency and love to provide market-leading member care and put employers back in control of cost and experience.
Apostrophe is a Denver tech company but many of our clients are in the midwest and the southeast, in both mid-sized cities and rural areas, and representing traditional industries and public sector. We will spend extra effort to seek out people familiar with these areas and backgrounds.
How To Apply
Send your resume and portfolio (links are fine) to [email protected]. If we get in touch, plan on having a Skype or Slack video chat interview within a few days.